Friday, February 4, 2011

Google Calendar is down-please stand by

So, apparently Google Calendar went down today. No doubt the company is aware, perhaps ding some work on it even, and will have it restored shortly. In the meantime one look at Twitter (#GoogleCalendar is a Trending Topic right now) and we can easily see the way some people have wrapped their entire lives, especially their business lives, around a piece of technology, only to have it fail.
This isn't the first time technology has let someone down. It likely will not be the last time. Technology, like human beings themselves, is not perfect. It does fail.
And over reliance on anything, human or machine, is bound to get you in trouble sooner or later....


@MarcNager my life just lost all meaning today... google calendar is down! What am I doing?! ahhhh

@levicbenson So my Google Calendar is down.. ?

@euphoriaphotog Why google calendar, must your server be down?? Le sigh. #gcal #google

@cindi Are google calendar widgets down for anyone else?

@intriguedinrva Yes, they must be doing some work on it. RT @shelholtz: Anybody else having trouble accessing Google Calendar?

@sdterp Because my phone syncs with Google Calendar, it's wiped clean too. If this were to happen while I'm out on jobs I'd be totally screwed.

@katetheshark NOOOO!!! What will I DO??? “@helena: "Google Calendar is temporarily unavailable. Please try back later." This is a first.” cc: @khartline

@LindsaySydenham @shelholtz My Google Calendar won't load either. I just get a server error response. Is that what you get, too?

@sarahjanetate Google calendar is down, oh now the world might be ending

@RobAlan "Google Calendar is temporarily unavailable." Awesome. Welcome to the cloud!

@Rubin110 Google Calendar just shit the bed. :(

@jDaz @google your calendar issues are super annoying this morning!

@ncentonze My Google Calendar works...whats up with yours?

@timotheus4 First, Groupon's servers overloaded. Now Google Calendar is down. U'd think big web businesses would make connectivity a priority!

@TforTodd Nobody follows me, but I gotta say, Google Calendar is jacked up right now...

@evelinaviiri Dwld #calengoo calendar on iPhone. Syncs w/ #googlecalendar and won't loose data when #google goes down! Awesome calendar w/ week view!

@grahamhobson Google calendar is out of office. At least their 500 page gives me a chance to brush up on my taiwanese

No comments:

Post a Comment