Monday, November 1, 2010

Have you ever wanted to write a novel?

If you have been longing for a reason to put pen to paper and collect your ideas into a lengthy story, November is your chance. It is National Novel Writing Month.
The idea is to encourage yourself to write more than 1,000 words per day for each day of the month. By the end of the month you will have 50,000 words, enough for a novel.
Voila! Your novel will be finished.
It start with just a couple dozen participants but has grown to enormous proportions.
Lots of people enter each year. There is no prize except the satisfaction of having written a novel. Which, in and of itself, is quite an accomplishment....


@WeronikaJanczuk OMG, if you're doing #NaNoWriMo, this is an incredible list of tips and musings: http://bit.ly/dqcOyH. (via @Janet_Reid)

@Diane_Amy Yay you! RT @ceciliadlibitum Day 1 of my #nanowrimo (I subscribed but didn't write anything last year) &I wrote 1738 words. Proud of myself

@aliya1178 is randomly writing down thoughts for my #nanowrimo Holy heck..1st time and i discover i DO have a creative bone!

@nanolanta Lets start a donation game. Every time you check and the site is down, you owe a dollar donation to #nanowrimo to help next year's servers!

@jmmlewis My first #NaNoWriMo sentence... "The rusty smell of blood running off of me in the shower isn’t one that I particularly enjoy."

@MWolf_PC Today kicks off #NaNoWriMo (I'm already behind)! I think this should be required reading for all participants: http://bit.ly/a28BOs

@kayim It's 19 hours into November and I am determined that I'm not doing #nanowrimo this year. So why have I just started writing something new??

@pixonu So, this #nanowrimo thing - Can I write/illustrate a Children's book instead? I don't think i'm capable or writing more than 100 words ;D

@zashadrow Going to raid the candy bowl from last night as a reward for exceding my personal goal. CHOCOLATE NUMMINESS! #NaNoWriMo

@thisishannahj Screw it, I'm writing it this year! BRING IT ON. #nanowrimo

@phobicgamer Right, here goes... 50k in a month #nanowrimo

@sugarskull33 Seeing lots of tweets about. #NaNoWriMo. Considering it for next year... Although I'm really just a poet. #Nerdlife

@sexylaccolith Word sprints really don't work so well at work, but I have upped my word count. Yay. Over 1300 words now. #nanowrimo

@ceciliadlibitum Writing #nanowrimo without a plot outline. For me it's better not to work from event to event, but just let it go it's own way. Who else?

@heidilala Right now I'm at 732 words. #NaNoWriMo

@cthulhuburger Happy November, everyone! Who's writing a novel? #NaNoWriMo

@lowcarbpinay Does anyone know when #NaNoWriMo site will work again? Maybe it's because it just began and people are crashing the site?

No comments:

Post a Comment