Monday, November 22, 2010

Tweeting the American Music Awards

Proving once again there is no limit to how much television can ruin a perfectly good song (hear me, ad people who keep putting "Hey Soul Sister" in commercials) the American Music Awards brought out the worst and not-quite-as-bad in live performances Sunday night.
Eminem was a big winner, snatching two AMA awards; and Taylor Swift stepped on stage with straight hair and a bang-up look that says, "hey, look at me-I'm all grown up now!"

I missed the live event on ABC, but I am getting my fill of reviews from the Twitter:

@tmorello I used to think I LIKED music. Then I watched the American Music Awards and now I'm not so sure.

@LoserKyd Taylor Swift acceptance speech was perfect... She's the truth #ama2010 American Music Awards 2010

@YoNo_NoYo Keep your promise to show the @agnezmo !!!! RT @OfficialRCTI: It's show time!!! AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS 2010 now (cont) http://tl.gd/73rtf4

@traceysfolly Rihanna accepts Favorite Female Artist award at 2010 American Music Awards http://exm.nr/9zo1v4

@Riancosta Not only did he win 4 American Music Awards, but Justin is the youngest person EVER to win it. He beat Lady Gaga & Eminem #beastmode

@TikaSimone No offense but Ne-Yo looked like an uncircumcised penis at the American Music Awards last night.

@DrJays_com OMG. The red carpet at the 2010 America Music Awards last night was interesting. And we meant that politely. http://bit.ly/d9UJTY

@smellslikelove omg I totally dig avril lavigne's heels and hair on american music awards show!

@dcg1013 Just watched Ke$ha's performance from the American Music Awards. Um. Okaaaay. FYI: Do NOT watch if you are prone to seizures!

@RWZombie Watching the American Music Awards. Bieber has a gospel choir behind him. I guess he has soul? I now officially hate music.

@uncleTeeJay Rihanna on american music awards...the beginning sounds good, let's see how she does, she has arecord of not being good!!!

@Lord_Voldemort7 Who was that straight haired girl in pants who butchered the live version of a Taylor Swift song at the American Music Awards? Oh, wait...

@Monutella Lol 'Well, last year at the American Music Awards, Adam Lambert and his special friend Tommy swapped spit onstage and everyone died'.

No comments:

Post a Comment