Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Edgar Allen Poe! Twitter remembered

Today marks the 202nd birthday of Edgar Allan Poe and oddly enough (or perhaps not oddly enough for him) Twitter users have made #EdgarAllenPoe a Trending Topic.

Poe, widely considered the originator of the modern short story, is still known as a Master of the Macabre. His short stories are still read in most American classrooms and by students of literature the world over.
How fitting then that the Master of the Short Story would be honored in 140-characters or less.....

@NortonAnthology "I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat." -Edgar Allan Poe, born today in 1809

@stiles804 Today's Edgar Allan Poe's birthday. I think I shall pay a visit to his old dorm room.

@dihnamite_ Eu errei ali no tweet, é Edgar Allan Poe. Todo mundo sabe, mas é só pra não me chamarem de burra.

@seeerg Falando em Utada Hikaru, olha quem tá nos TT's -> Edgar Allan Poe ;D

@AcornBooks Raise your pens and think dark thoughts - in honour of Edgar Allan Poe's birthday...

@KarenDWalker1 Edgar Allan Poe is a TT. I'm connecting this to all the dead birds, and then having my morning vodka. Okay, SECOND morning vodka (third).

@megaheist Happy Birthday Edgar Allan Poe.

@mfnbpwnz it's edgar allan poe's bday? Almost makes me wanna make a trip out to Poe's for a burger? Maybe just happy hour? #chs

@PHLVisitorCntr Happy Birthday to the original master of horror & suspense, Edgar Allan Poe- 201 2day! http://fb.me/y3x0la3W

@CrimsonTwilight The mysterious visitor to Edgar Allan Poe's grave has failed to show up for the second year in a row :(

@LouBrutus Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" was the original Angry Bird.

@Not_Applicable_ RT @Mia0hMy: RT @kristinarim: I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe

@PenguinBooks Happy Birthday Edgar Allan Poe! The master of the macabre short story was born 202 years ago.Which is your favourite of Poe's creepy tales?

No comments:

Post a Comment