Tuesday, January 18, 2011

'Trenta' Trends on Twitter

Starbucks was once THE social media business...a coffee shop for the 21st Century, long before the 21st Century started and long after coffee shops had faded from public view.

For nearly two decades, from the 1990's through the early 21st Century, Starbucks was opening a new store somewhere in the world every weekday. That type of growth is certainly tremendous, but also impossible to sustain. There are only so many places to put a trendy coffee shop, though I hear a lunar-based operation could be coming. (Ok, I'm just kidding about that one.)
Anyway, proving they have certainly not faded from relevant pop-culture, Starbucks shot to the top of the Trending Topics list at Twitter this week when they announced a new, even larger sized cup called a "Trenta". It is 30 ounces of frothy goodness.

Initially only iced-coffee and iced-tea will be available in Trenta sizes, but it seems if customers demand it (and they likely will) everything else they serve will soon follow....

@F_Factor Starbucks is offering a new "trenta" size drink that packs a whopping 31 ounces!A trenta caramel frap is going to be 500 cals and 99 carbs!

@Starbucks Yes it is true - the Trenta is coming later this year. We're only offering Iced Coffee and Iced Tea in this larger size.

@bzzagentjono Can you handle the new Starbucks Trenta? I don't think I can. It's bigger than my stomach! http://j.mp/eUMzJr

@Angelica_CieloX I can't wait for the Trenta. Omg. I just.....omg,

@rguilbeault @StarbucksCanada Two Venti's give me stomach gurgles. A Trenta might be be like baby bear's porridge–just right.

@vanitysnewgun so in may starbucks is gonna have an even bigger size. the trenta. is that really necessary? it'll prob be like 10 bux

@F_Factor Starbucks is offering a new "trenta" size drink that packs a whopping 31 ounces!A trenta caramel frap is going to be 500 cals and 99 carbs!

@RobLoach The #Trenta Starbucks 916ml cup is larger than your stomach. DO WANT!!! http://ur1.ca/2wjiw cc @StarbucksCanada @hildavidson

@Evan_ATL Im excited for this Starbucks trenta. 30 ounces?!

@mattspencedc The new Starbucks 'Trenta' coffee is larger than the average adult human's stomach. Happy caffeinating. http://goo.gl/BhZsN

@KsChoice17 Starbucks is coming out with a new one litre cup size...the Trenta, which is Latin for 'I have to pee'.

@dell0717 Have I mentioned before that I hate today? Garcon, another cup of cynicism and make it a Trenta!

@SaraHamil Guys, I'm not going to lie... I'm terrified of the #Trenta

@1918 @carlibrosseau I can't even imagine last week for you. Have a new Trenta sized coffee and try to take a breath.

@vickytcobra Man, I'd hate to spill a new Starbucks Trenta sized coffee on my lap.

@familystylefood So Starbucks will roll out the Trenta - how do you say Big Gulp in Italian? A-g-i-t-a http://huff.to/g9hxkg

No comments:

Post a Comment